January 5, 2016 In General News
Post game analysis
New year, fresh start!
No matter what your business faced or how your team pulled through, now’s a great time to provide your team a well-deserved pat on the back and a thoughtful review.
- Maybe that’s a half-day out of the office retreat. Or a recognition lunch. Find something positive to recognize in each staff member, i.e., “Rookie of the Year,” “Best Use of Humor in a Low Moment,” “Most Inspirational,” etc.
- Second, measure: Take stock. List your division’s accomplishments.
- How close did you come in each category compared to your goal?
- Where was growth centered?
- How did this past year stack up with last year’s?
- Think marketing. Where do you need to build? What should you be highlighting for future growth?
- Lastly, where is your business headed? What will you keep as is? What needs to be changed or discarded altogether?
- There’s no better time of year to debrief, reflect and regroup. If you take the time to do this now, it can prevent you from launching automatically into a repeat of this year. And progress and growth demand new vision.