Wait, your website is complete.
Isn’t that the goal?
Well, a lot of companies think just that. They set up a nice looking website, print the site URL on all their marketing materials, and move on.
Getting your website set up, well-designed and saying what you want it to say in a compelling way is really the first step in your on-line marketing strategy. Your next step is to make sure your website is working for you now, as well as in the months and years to come.
If you want your website to stay meaningful, you’ve got to keep it relevant.
That’s where managing your website comes into play.
- Monitoring and tracking visits to determine if visitors do more than arrive, look at your first page and leave. If so, something’s wrong.
- Make sure your prospects get to the information they are seeking with as few clicks as possible.
- Make sure there is new material added to the site on a regular basis. That could be blogs, product updates, special offers, videos, or testimonials.
- Stay on top of crucial software updates.
- Execute website backups on a regular basis.
It all comes back to strategic planning, designing your website is just the beginning. It’s the hard work, the know-how and the strategic thinking that keeps your website working for you when it’s brand spanking new, and in the months and years to come.
If you have questions or would like to learn more feel free to reach out to me via email.